- Certificate from Tourism Management (A* journal) for 'outstanding contribution in reviewing' (awarded May 2015)
- Conference paper (topic: VFR travel) was in the ‘top three best papers’ out of 250 papers at the Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference (May 2014, Hong Kong)
- Recipient of ‘Fellows Award’ (2014) by Council of Australasian University Tourism & Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) – an award given to an academic from Australia or New Zealand who is seen to have made the greatest contribution to Australasian tourism and hospitality education and research from those who have been nominated.
- Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) citation (2013) to recognise outstanding contribution to education at a national level
- Australian National Competitive Research Symposium (2012) (third place in Arts, education, business division at national heats)
- Award recipient of “Early Career Researcher Bursary Winner” (2012) by Council of Australasian University Tourism & Hospitality Education (CAUTHE)
- Recipient of the Federation Business School's 'award for quality research in 2016'
- Recipient of Vice-Chancellor Teaching Excellence Award (2014)
- Five minute Research Pitch competition (first place in Arts, education and business division) (2014)
- Recipient of Vice-Chancellor Award to recognise outstanding contribution to student learning (2012)
- Australian National Competitive Research Symposium (2012) (equal first place in Arts, education, business division at local heats)
- Second prize – “Best oral presentation” University of Ballarat Annual Research Conference (November 2011)
- Award recipient of “Most Outstanding Teacher”, University of Ballarat School of Business (2009).